The happiness of the workers is gaining more and more importance in the company, and it is proven that maintaining a motivated and happy team and making the workplace a pleasant place to work, is reflected in an increase in productivity and employee satisfaction. Such is the positive impact it is having on organizations, that the figure of the Chief Happiness Officer (CHO) , a professional specifically dedicated to ensuring that employees are happy , has more and more weight in organizations .
It may interest you: Postgraduate in Innovation in Human Resources and Labor Relations
Index of contents
- How to manage the talent of a company
- What is CHO or Chief Happines Officer?
- What are the main functions of the CHO?
- What does it take to be a happiness manager?
- What effects is it having on employees and the company?
- What future is expected of the figure of the CHO?
How to manage the talent of a company
What is CHO or Chief Happines Officer?
The main idea behind this position is to make the company’s employees happier and a pleasant place to work , thus managing not only to retain but also to attract new talent. The type of actions carried out by the Chief Happiness Officer as a “happiness professional” is the active listening of the employee, the negotiation for benefits such as flexible work, restaurant tickets, etc. and also the organization of activities that generate a good team spirit and demonstrate the appreciation that the company has for the employee.
What are the main functions of the CHO?
Although it seems that the Chief Happiness Officer is only in charge of organizing parties and bringing fresh fruit to the office, this is far from the truth, and this position has other functions that require a qualified person for them:
- Listen to the employee and implement communication channels in which they can express their proposals, ideas or dissatisfactions. It is very important that the employee feel heard and above all valued. At the end of the day the employee is a person with emotions that he also carries during his working hours. Similarly, it is extremely frustrating for an employee to feel that their time and effort are worth nothing. It is key to carry out activities that recognize it.
- Create a pleasant work environment , in which it is taken into account how elements such as noise, decoration or the organization of the space affect the emotional state of the employee.
- Encourage activities that create a better team environment.
- Conduct satisfaction surveys to track employee motivation and engagement.
- Implement healthy habits that include a healthy diet, sports and relaxation activities, for example.
- Monitor that there is a reconciliation between professional and personal life of workers, giving them freedom in managing their time. This includes flexible working, remote working, etc. so that employees can manage their time in the way that is most productive or in the way that best fits with other commitments, such as family, for example.
- Ensure the professional development of the employee , monitoring their evolution, offering courses or giving them greater job responsibilities or new projects in which they can develop new professional skills.
- Promote a horizontal business structure in which there are no barriers between positions.
What does it take to be a happiness manager?
While it is true that you must have certain soft skills to occupy the position of Chief Happiness Officer, such as being a sociable, communicative, empathic person and with a passion to motivate the team, training is necessary to occupy such a position, and it is valued training in:
- Human resources, since this task requires the management of people, recruitment and retention of talent.
- Psychology , since among other functions is studying and understanding the commitment of people in the work environment and establishing favorable factors to boost the motivation and happiness of the employee. Coaching courses are also valued in this case, also for motivation, emotional management and leadership.
What effects is it having on employees and the company?
It pays to invest in employee satisfaction and a lot, as having a positive work environment results in better business results. Some of the benefits of keeping a happy team are:
- Higher job satisfaction , which results in more enthusiastic and motivated teams.
- Closely linked to the previous point is greater retention of talent . When the employee feels valued, they will become more involved with the company and increase their commitment to it.
- A more productive team , with more energy and more dynamic, since, by being more committed and feeling valued, they work harder and are more motivated to meet the expectations of the company.
- Decrease in absenteeism , since they are more loyal to the company and feel a greater responsibility to it. Also, being happy, going and being with the team is not something depressing but motivating.
- Increases the feeling of belonging , in which they feel appreciated and welcomed in the company. This not only has the consequence of an increase in the employee’s commitment to the team, but it also turns employees into promoters of the brand and they will not hesitate to recommend it to future talent.
What future is expected of the figure of the CHO?
There are already many companies that have begun to take care of the figure of the Chief Happiness Officer in the teams, among which are, Google or Facebook.
Due to the positive effects that can already be felt in the companies that have invested in this figure, and the fact that technology supports many of the changes that are proposed, such as remote work or flexible work , little by little it is appreciated a change of mentality in companies and a growing concern and investment to put the employee at the center and ensure their happiness for the achievement of business objectives.
As you can see, this professional is a very striking profile for all those profiles oriented in Human Resources. In our Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Innovation and Labor Relations we want HR to advance as companies are doing, so you will be trained in the basic skills of this profession but with the innovation you need to be unique in the labor market. What are you waiting for?
And if you liked and served the article Help us to reach more people!
Postgraduate in Human Resources and Recruitment 4.0
Learn to attract and retain the best talent for your company
I want to know more!
How to Create Account in EXMO step by step
In this article you will learn how to register in EXMO in 2022, as you well know it is a cryptocurrency platform to trade, as well as buy and sell digital currencies. Next, we are going to make you a quick and easy guide to create your account.
How to open an account in Exmo.com step by step
Access the official website of EXMO to be able to register for free.
At the top right you will have a Registration button, click on it and there you will open a form to place basic data such as username, email, telephone, password and its confirmation, as well as the acceptance of terms and conditions of the platform.
Likewise, if you want you can subscribe to receive news you just have to activate the option. then activate the captcha and click on “Registration”
Phone and email verification
They will send you an SMS to the registered phone to place the verification code and give it confirmation. The same will happen with the email, in which they will send you an email with a link to confirm the account and activate it.
Once you have completed all the registration, you must verify your account, this is quite important that you do it so that you do not have limitations, it is a financial platform and as such, by regulation you must verify your identity and address.
- For identity, you can do it through your ID, passport or other identity document, also a selfie with the document, you can support yourself by linking the mobile if you do not have a webcam.
- In the case of the address, it would be verified with a bill for services such as electricity, water or other document where they can verify your location or residence, this is to raise the limits further.
- For the card, you need to enter your card details and even take a photo and attach it.
Ideally, you should verify everything, but the first thing is the identity, in which you will be required name, surname, middle name in the case you have. Secondly, you will be asked to identify what type of document you are going to use to identify yourself, for example, the DNI.
After that, you must upload a photo of the front and back of the identity document, if you do not have them at hand, you can do it with your mobile and send it to you by mail or web whapsapp or another application, and then upload it from the computer.
Once this is done, it will request a selfie with specific details, where you must write down on a paper the word EXMO, followed by the date of the day of the photo and hold the DNI without covering anything, there you capture the photo and attach it, with these steps you will already be in the process of verifying the identity.
Likewise, you can do it to verify the address with a receipt and in the case of the card you must do the same, they are similar processes quite simple, the idea is that you complete the entire registration process.
Another important point regarding registration is the security configuration in which you can add extra protection and have two-step authentication. Likewise, you can observe other options such as personal information, which you can review carefully.
How to create an account on Poloniex step by step
In this article you will learn how to register with Poloniex in 2022, it is a cryptocurrency trading platform, where you can trade with margin or leverage and you can also do hodl. Here’s a step-by-step way to create an account on Poloniex.
Go to the official website of Poloniex
Access the Poloniex registration page to later follow the step by step that we will give you to register for free.
Select “Sing Up”
Once you are on the platform you must select in the left menu “Sing Up”, where you must enter the email and password, the latter you must confirm it. Additionally, you must place the referral code (optional), as well as accept the terms and policies that govern this page.
Verify your email
Once the previous form has been completed, you must check the email where a link will be sent for the purposes of verifying the email, in order to continue with the account registration process.
With the email and password data entered, we select “Log In” and access. Among the important things that there are is the “profile”, where you will have to verify your account.
If you want to apply margin for trading or leverage you must verify your profile in “Upgrade” you will be able to select other aspects that will help you verify your identity, you will probably be asked to upload a file, such as a photo of the DNI or an invoice to verify the address.
Then, in the event that you want to use the future option that allows margin up to one hundred leverage, you have to have verified these things.
This request is totally normal, since it is required by all financial platforms by legal issue, with this you would already have verified level 2 and with it you would not have any type of limit.
Right now, you could make all kinds of deposits, normal purchases with certain fairly high limits.
Two-factor authentication verification
To protect your account you can activate 2FA this is double authentication code, so you must enter a code apart from the password to be able to log in.
How to Invest in Cryptocurrencies on Skrill
If you are one of those investors who do not like to deal with many complicated orders, but prefer to hold long-term, then Skrill is an excellent alternative for you. With the simplicity that characterizes it.
But the question is, how to invest in cryptocurrencies within Skrill? The answer will be shown in this article.
But first log in to your Skrill account, then you could already start the step by step that will be shown below.
Access Skrill’s Cryptocurrency Investment Options
Like any financial platform, Skrill puts at your disposal tools so that you can invest in cryptocurrencies within yourself, doing so in a simple and comfortable way. To access these tools, below, we will describe the following procedure:
Within the home screen of your account, in the left sidebar, find and tap on Cryptocurrencies.
Important: It is likely that when you enter this section, you will be asked to accept some terms or similar.
Once there, you are presented with different options in terms of cryptocurrencies. From among these, you will select Invest now, clicking on this option.
Once you access that section, you will be shown an extensive list of existing cryptos in Skrill. In each of which, you are given a Trade option. If you click on any of these, you would enter their trading options.
When you have entered the crypto you chose, you will see a Buy – Sell panel.
Ways to trade cryptocurrencies in Skrill.com
In this buy-sell panel or trading box, you will have some options that will allow you to perform these operations:
Steps to buy cryptocurrencies within Skrill
First of all, talking about the purchase of cryptocurrencies in the Instant mode (which is the usual one), you will be able to do the following:
Select the currency in which you want to buy cryptos.
Set the amount to spend that, for its purposes, must be a minimum of 10 EUR (You are also shown the balance you have available).
Select the cryptocurrency in which you are going to invest.
See what you are going to receive in cryptos in equivalence for what you have invested.
See the commission you will be charged for that transaction.
When you have everything ready, then you can click Next.
After this, you will be able to see the summary of the entire operation; you will be told everything you have added, such as the amount and what you would receive, and also the commission charge, which will be added to the total amount to be spent. If you agree with everything, you can click on Confirm.
Steps to Sell Cryptocurrencies within Skrill
There is not much to comment on in the case of selling your cryptos within Skrill, as they are basically the same steps as in the case of the purchase:
You establish the type of crypto that you are going to sell (and that logically, you should own).
You indicate the amount of cryptocurrencies to sell directly or, if you prefer, using the percentage indicators.
Select the currency in which you want to receive the funds in equivalence.
See how much you will receive, in the same way as the previous case.
Having this ready too, you would click Next.
Following this, you must also click on Confirm in a summary similar to that of the case of the purchase, where you will see important data with which, if you agree, you can proceed to the respective confirmation.
Some other options that Skrill gives you to trade
The options you have in Skrill to trade are very practical and easy to use. And for your convenience, they are not numerous. Here’s what you can find on Skrill for when you want to trade on it:
The Portfolio section
In this section you have at hand some useful things for your negotiations, such as:
The Watchlist, with which you can keep abreast of the indices of your cryptos in the market.
Alerts and orders. With these options you are given the possibility to mark an index within the cryptocurrency, which, if the price reaches it, this will be notified to your email or mobile, as you have it configured.
Recent activity. It is the section where you will get your last financial movements, when it comes to purchases and sales, as is logical.
The Trade section
Within this section, you can do what you are told below:
Visualization of Graphs. This will allow you to take a look at the stock market movement in a not at all complex interface (you can also see the current trend that the market has in terms of sellers and buyers).
As you can see, the trading system within Skrill is not complicated. They are few and simple options, but with the same utility for people like you who do not want to get too entangled in the stock market issue, but to play it safe, but in a simple way.
This tutorial summarizes it this way so that you have a general idea when investing in cryptocurrencies within Skrill.